Embedding Twitter within a Hive
Is it possible to embed a Twitter feed/timeline onto a Hive page?
As of the Digital Hive 2.1 release, it is possible to embed a Twitter feed within a Hive page. To accomplish this:
- Using a web browser, open Twitter and view the feed of the Twitter account to be embedded
- Copy the URL as it appears in the browser address bar (for example, https://twitter.com/DigitalHiveIQ)
- In Digital Hive open the Hive where the Twitter feed will be embedded
- Within the header, click on the Hive Launcher icon
- Select the Open Designer option
- Navigate to the desired page, and from the Elements toolbox on the left-hand side, drag and drop the widget onto the page
- Click on the Embed Twitter widget to expose the Properties panel on the right-hand side of the screen
- Within the Embed Twitter section of the properties, paste the copied URL from step 2 into the Load Embed URL property
- Press LOAD
The Twitter feed should now load within the widget on the page. There are some display options that will help to customize the experience.
Show header - Will insert the title of the Twitter feed as a header. Using the Digital Hive example above, setting the option to show header would add the following to the top of the widget feed.
Show footer - Similar to the show header property, the show footer property will insert a View More button at the bottom of the widget feed. This button would allow users to launch a Twitter in a new browser tab and view the account feed.
Embedding Videos on a Hive Page
Question There are corporate videos that we would like to include within a Hive, is it possible to embed the videos so that they are accessible to users? Answer Embedding videos can be done through the use of two different techniques. Which technique ...
How to 'Enable' Connector Content Within Digital Hive
Question Once the connector parameters for a content system have been successfully applied, how do I select the desired content from the source to appear within Digital Hive? Answer As part of the connector creation process, once the required ...
Hiding Titles within the Content Lanes
Question As part of our Hive design, we're displaying reports using the Content Lane widget. Is it possible to hide the title and details about the reports so that just the thumbnail is shown? Answer Starting in the Digital Hive 2.1 release, it is ...
Creating a Personalized Greeting within a Hive
Question Is there way to insert a personalized greeting onto a Hive page to create a more personal user experience? Answer As of the Digital Hive 2.1 release, it is possible to insert a customized personal greeting into the Digital Hive experience. ...
Digital Hive Designer Elements Used for Authoring Hives
Overview Digital Hive provides a very robust, zero code, authoring experience that enables authors to create visually stunning and impactful end user applications, called Hives. As part of the authoring process, there are different elements that can ...